Monday, May 28, 2007
Indy 500
Yesterday, Jason and I added another item to our resume of being true Hoosiers. We attended the Indianapolis 500! It was quite an experience to say the least. We left Lafayette for the hour drive at 7:30 in the morning. Two hours and $20 later, we were parked in someone's front yard, just 5 blocks from the track. I think we were both impressed on the time we made. We made it to our seats about 11:00 and then the waiting began. We quickly realized how wonderful our seats were. We were on the top row (seriously, the top row!) and could see all of turns three and four as well as part of the front straight away.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here is a view of the fourth turn, and part of the 500,000 people in attendance!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Are we good looking or what?!

At lap 113, it started to rain and didn't look like it was going to stop any time soon. We headed for the car, and actually didn't get too wet. After we were at home and dry, they did restart the race and made it to lap 165 before finally calling it. While it wasn't my favorite thing to attend, I did enjoy it. My day will be on Sunday when I see the Cubs play the Braves!!!! Can't wait!!!!

  posted at 9:18 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At June 2, 2007 at 11:01 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Yeah you look good! :) Welcome to blogging. It's been a huge blessing to me. Your blog is beautiful. Susie just did mine also. She's awesome! Blessings on your weekend.

 
At June 2, 2007 at 12:38 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Jon went to a NASCAR race once and had a great time! Personally, I'd get so bored after the 20th or 30th time around the track. =) But I'm glad you guys had a fun time!

 
At June 3, 2007 at 4:02 PM, Blogger Susan said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I am a teacher, too and love this outlet for learning and living.

I am usually in Indy once a year to do workshops for teachers. Not this year, though. I'm going to miss it..we love the Indianapolis Children's Museum!

And being that close to my favorite city of all...Chicago...is just great. Hope you enjoy the baseball game!

Stop by sometime when you can.

:-) Susan

 
At June 18, 2007 at 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DID OYU SEE UNCLE DAN ON THE 4TH TURN AT THE RACE?? HE WAS THERE TOO BUT LEFT AT THE FIRST RAIN DELAY - (no guts for getting wet!)

Aunt Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


I'm a wife, mother, teacher, friend, daughter (to many people!), sister, aunt, Chicago Cubs fan, and SURVIVOR! I'm finding lessons to be learned in all the curveballs of life and enjoying the journey I'm on.

My Guys

Photobucket
Jason and Connor... both the loves of my life.

Currently Reading


Links
  • Connor Scott Pictures
  • Mrs. Lange's Class

  • Previous Posts
    Birthday Girl
    Here I am!!!

    Archives
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Photo from:
    istockphoto