Monday, June 4, 2007
Summer!!
Friday at 3:00pm marked the beginning of summer vacation! While I LOVE my job and all, it's always nice to have a break. Anyone who thinks teaching is an 8:00-3:30 job obviously doesn't know any teachers personally. Summer is comp time for all the 60 hour weeks put in during the year. This summer is especially wonderful for two reasons. Number one, I'm not searching for a job and, I'll be teaching something I've taught before. Number two, Jason and I are buying a house! While we don't close until the middle of July, I'll be spending a lot of time packing, painting, and unpacking.

Summer is comp time for all the 60 hour weeks put in during the year.


My summer was off to a great start on Friday night. Our good friends Eric and Erin are moving to Arizona in a few short weeks. So my friend Lauren decided to have one last gathering for a while. She made pizzas, salad, and bread. It was all wonderful! A few of our other friends from high school came also. It was quite an interesting night. We played the Scene It movie edition, six against one. The one being Hannah, a film major from USC. We did end up beating her, but there was alcohol involved.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Me, Christine, Erin, Hannah, and Lauren


Saturday night was another eventful evening. We had a teacher end of the year party at Cathy's house. It wasn't a big crowd, but we had a lot of fun. I'm so thankful for the people I work with! They are all so much fun, and I can count on them for just about anything.

  posted at 8:06 PM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At June 5, 2007 at 2:38 PM, Blogger Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Yeah for summer! I understand that you guys need the break after working all those hours but what I wouldn't give for summers off again! =) I just love that game Scene It. We have both the movie version and the Friends version. We're addicted...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


I'm a wife, mother, teacher, friend, daughter (to many people!), sister, aunt, Chicago Cubs fan, and SURVIVOR! I'm finding lessons to be learned in all the curveballs of life and enjoying the journey I'm on.

My Guys

Photobucket
Jason and Connor... both the loves of my life.

Currently Reading


Links
  • Connor Scott Pictures
  • Mrs. Lange's Class

  • Previous Posts
    Indy 500
    Birthday Girl
    Here I am!!!

    Archives
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Photo from:
    istockphoto