Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Contentment
I'm not sure I've ever been more content than I was last night...

After our volleyball game last night, Jason and I picked up Connor from Grandma Bernadette's and took him home for a bath. Once the bath and evening snack were through, I rocked him to sleep though it didn't take much effort. He was a tired boy! I walked into his room to lay him down and couldn't let go. I swayed back and forth with him in my arms and kissed his little forehead. He was so peaceful right then that I wanted to bottle up everything that was happening so I could have it another day. Maybe today when he's grumpy. Or in four years when he's trying my patience. How about in eighteen years when he's graduating high school. I wanted that feeling to last forever.

  posted at 7:41 AM  
  1 comments



1 Comments:
At June 5, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do enjoy the peace, every moment you get of it & pray that God will bring it back to your remembrance when he is trying your patience & you are crying your eyes out at a graduation ceremony....& wonder "where in the world did 18 years go?" I'm tearing up just typing this. Hope you have a wonderful summer with your guys!! Angie Tomlinson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


I'm a wife, mother, teacher, friend, daughter (to many people!), sister, aunt, Chicago Cubs fan, and SURVIVOR! I'm finding lessons to be learned in all the curveballs of life and enjoying the journey I'm on.

My Guys

Photobucket
Jason and Connor... both the loves of my life.

Currently Reading


Links
  • Connor Scott Pictures
  • Mrs. Lange's Class

  • Previous Posts
    Bath Time!
    Good news!!!
    One Month Old!
    Adjusting to Mommyhood...
    I'm crazy about you...
    Enough is Enough
    Belly Pic #7
    A Foot Update...
    CANKLES!
    7 weeks left...

    Archives
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Photo from:
    istockphoto